Friday, September 28, 2012

Writing Intervention

The majority of my students struggle with writing and whenever they are asked to provide a written sample, they cringe, they cry, and they throw tantrums.

I have developed a 13-step writing intervention program. I use these steps to improve my students' writing and I have found that it really makes a big difference. Some of the steps are from "Prevention and Intervention of Writing Difficulties for Students with Learning Disabilities," a research article by Steve Graham, Karen R. Harris, and Lynn Larsen. Some of the steps are originals, which I felt were important enough to include. Students are motivated throughout the process because the intervention is broken down into 13 simple and MANAGEABLE steps. I really think your students will benefit from this as much as mine have.


You can download the FREE image at my TPT store. And as always, I appreciate your comments!

The frame in this print-out is from http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dina-Migadaki

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for sharing! Language is so tied to writing but many times we don't work on it as much as we should. This makes it manageable.
    allisonspeechpeeps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I glad you enjoyed it. Great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete